A refreshing classic…
Serves: 2 (200ml portions)
- 80g frozen soya beans
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 3g basil leaves (no stalks)
- 8 baby tomatoes
- 30g red pepper
- 40g cucumber, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 9 tbsp water
- Pinch salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Cook the soya beans as per the packet’s instructions.
- Blend all the ingredients together until completely smooth (the consistency needs to be thin enough so that it could technically pass easily through a straw, although it is not recommended you use one - adjust with a little extra liquid if needed).
- Adjust seasoning to taste and enjoy your 200ml portion.
To increase the protein to 10g per portion, add 1 heaped tbsp of skimmed milk powder to each 200mls. It may be easier to mix the powder with a drop of cold water first, to form a smooth paste. Re-adjust the consistency as required, as it can thicken your soup.