Take it Slow!
The way you eat can be very important after your gastric bypass or sleeve operation. Here are some tips from the team at BandBoozled to help you on your way
- We suggest a 6" side plate ( like our BandBoozled portion plate), 1/2 the plate to be your protein section and 1/4 carbs and 1/4 veg/ salad
- Do not pile the plate high - gone are those days!
- Portion sizes may vary depending where you are in your weight loss journey so little meals more often maybe necessary to hit a good level of nutrition
- Concentrate on the protein foods first
- Eat with a small fork, aim for 20p size portion of food at one time
- Chew 20 times and rest for 20 seconds between mouthfuls
- Aim to keep your food textured where possible (once you are back on normal diet)
- Don't drink with your meals - (Always follow your surgeons guidance regarding this)
- And enjoy your meals - its just all about quality and not quantity anymore
So remember to take it slow, take your time and stop eating when satisfied