Orange and Ginger Beef Stir-fry
Quick and easy but still bursting with flavour…
- 1/2 small lean beef fillet, cut into strips
- Rind and juice from 1/4 orange
- 1/4 tsp oil or spray oil
- 1 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small spring onion, sliced
- Stir fry vegetables of your choice to fit the vegetable section of your portion plate
- 10g dried wholemeal noodles
- Slice the fillet into strips and mix in a bowl with the orange rind and juice. Leave to marinade for about 2 hours (minimum 30 minutes) in the fridge.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet’s instructions.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the beef and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Then remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Wipe the pan clean and add the vegetables, spring onion and ginger and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the wok/pan, add the soy sauce and cook for a further few minutes until the vegetables have softened slightly and the steak strips are cooked to taste.
If you are vegetarian, you can swap the steak for 40-50g Quorn pieces.
Stir fry beef is a caution food and can be problematic for some. Ensure that you are confident with the 20,20,20,20 rule and have tried a variety of textured foods and more tender meat previously. If it causes any discomfort, remove and re-trail again in a few weeks.