Carrot and Peanut Butter Soup
Serves: 1 (200ml portion)
- Spray oil or 1/4 tsp oil
- 1/4 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed or finely sliced
- 100g carrot, peeled and cut into a maximum of 1cm cubes
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- Pinch of dried turmeric
- 4g or 1/2 tsp smooth, no added sugar/salt peanut butter
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, spice and carrot and cook for a further minute.
- Add the peanut butter and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently until the carrot is very soft (this will probably take about 10-15 minutes).
- Blend until completely smooth, in an appropriate container (the consistency needs to be thin enough so that it could technically pass easily through a straw, although it is not recommended you use one - adjust with a little extra stock if needed).
Add 2 heaped tbsps of skimmed milk powder to increase the protein content to 10g. It may be easier to mix the powder with a drop of cold water first, to form a smooth paste. Re-adjust the consistency as required, as it can thicken your soup.